The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus now offers all our students Microsoft Office for free! The Microsoft Office product permits users to store and share documents online, undertake research, as well as to message and video conference. The new tools are described as perfect for enabling individual school assignments, group projects and the business of student clubs and societies. This package features Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Access, Lync, One Note and Outlook.
By following the steps below you can install office on up to 5 of your personal machines. Once installed, the application will "contact home" once every month to see if you are still a registered student. If it gets a positive reply it will be ok for another month. Once you leave the university it will enter a state of reduced functionality until you purchase a license.
How do I install Office 365 Pro Plus?
- There have been issues with some browsers so we suggest you use Internet Explorer or Safari if your on a Apple Mac.
- Login to the Student Portal (http://mymona.uwi.edu) with your Student ID and Domain Password.
- Click the Mail icon in the QuickLaunch Navigation.
- Click on the gear icon in the top right hand corner and choose "Office 365 Settings".
- Click "Software" to get started. Click on the Office Link to the left
- Start your download by clicking install.
What is included with Office 365 Pro Plus?
Office 365 ProPlus for PC (Office 2013 ProPlus base applications) Office 365 ProPlus for Mac (Office 2011 for Mac base applications) Office Mobile for iPhone Office Mobile for Android
How many machines/devices can I install Office 365 Pro Plus on?
Each student can run Office on up to five machines being Mac or PC. You can also run Office Mobile for Android or Office Mobile for iPhone on up to 5 mobile devices.
Is this a full version Office and available for offline use?
Yes, this is full Office on the PC, Mac, iPhone, and Android platform and all are available for offline use.
For more information click here.