The course is designed to promote the honing of critical skills, processes and activities that are
required in the writing of formal English at the doctoral level. Employing a tri-fold approach–grammar, writing and research– it focuses specifically on your:
1. command of grammar, syntax and mechanics
2. command of logic and coherence in the organization of written work
3. ability to read critically issues and problems presented by authors across disciplines
4. skill at self, peer and group critiques
5. familiarity with preparation of research papers including: data collection techniques, hypothesis formation, analysis, examination of implications and citations.